HBL InstructionsYou may access the HBL Site for learning activity instructions. The site will be updated by 7 pm for the following day's learning activities. You will need to log in using your child's Google (@beaconpri.sg) account.
Please follow these steps to log in to the HBL Site:
1) Log in to your child's Google (@beaconpri.sg) account
2) Click here to access the HBL Site.
**If you are facing trouble accessing the site, please log out of all other Google Accounts and try again.
Quick Help Guide to Access Google Sites
E-Learning PlatformsYour child would have been given access to various online learning platforms like SLS, Google Suites, E-Zhishi, Raz-Kids (P1 to P4), Koobits, etc. Should you face issues accessing the online platforms, please email beaconprisch_ICT@moe.edu.sg . Please include your child's name and class in your email.
Safety and Security of E-Learning PlatformsTeachers have put in place multiple measures to prevent uninvited participants from entering these platforms. Some of these measures include:
- Password protection of sessions
- Joining instructions located within a secured platform (SLS or Google Classroom)
- Identification of participants before admission to the session
Learning Device AccessPlease provide your child with the means to access instructions and learning activities.
- Personal Learning Device (computer, tablet, smart phone)
- Headphones/earphones and microphone
- Internet access
Families on Financial Assistance
Support for Teacher-Student Live Interaction SessionsYour child's teachers would be conducting live lesson or interaction sessions on HBL days. The teachers will be specifying the live session timing on the HBL instructions. To support the the sessions your child should prepare the following:
- Web camera
Live Session Applications
- Google Meet (web-based) - Log in with your child's Google Suites account.
- Google Hangouts (web-based) - Log in with your child's Google Suites account.
- Zoom - Create an account using your child's Google Suites account. Download the application for easier usage.
Live Session Etiquette
- Be ready 5 minutes before the specified time
- Be dressed appropriately in PE shirt (not topless or pyjamas)
- Clear background with no distracting posters, photos or undergarments
- Hair should be neat
- Face should be clearly seen, not covered
- Use hand signals as instructed by the teachers (thumbs up, down, 1 ,2, 3 etc.)
- Mute the microphone unless they need to speak
- Avoid eating on screen
- Avoid offensive language or hand gestures
- Avoid laughing, screaming or shouting loudly when the microphone is turned on
- Avoid chatting with others in the background
Recording of Live Sessions
Staggered Online Access
Conducive Learning Environment
- Sufficient space on the table for both learning device and other materials (about 60 cm by 60 cm)
- A comfortable chair
- A quiet environment
- Sufficient ventilation
- Sufficient lighting
Student Well-BeingTo ensure that students are taken care of during the HBL days, please provide your child with routines, taking the
following details into consideration:
- Develop a timetable with your child
- Plan achievable goals and expectations with your child
- Maintain good sleeping and waking habits
- Provide regular healthy meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Provide healthy snacks during breaks
- Schedule off-screen rests every 30 minutes
- Set up parental restrictions on your child's device and home network
MonitoringYou should monitor your child's well-being regularly.
- Check in on their energy level
- Monitor online activities, that your child is not accessing unpleasant websites
Technical Support during HBL
School Operating Hours
During school operating hours, students should contact the School-based Helpline for SLS queries including all SLS access matters such as password reset and unlocking of accounts. For queries related to learning activities, students should contact the subject teachers.
School-based Helpline: email@example.com
Mondays - Fridays: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
For other matters, students can email the SLS Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org. When emailing the SLS Helpdesk, please include your full name, name of school and form class.
Non-School Operating Hours
Students can only contact the SLS Helpdesk outside the school operating hours.
SLS Helpdesk: 6702 6513
Mondays - Fridays: 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Saturdays: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm
*Closed on Sundays & Public Holidays
Alternatively, students can email the SLS Helpdesk at email@example.com.When emailing the SLS Helpdesk, please include your full name, name of school and form class.
Please refer to the following guide to register your email address in SLS.
User Guide - Register Verified Email Address.pdf